Access for all
This website is run by Herts Theatre Club. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website may not be fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some icons used as Social Media identifiers or menu identifiers may not be recognised by screen reader software.
- some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader software.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Herts Theatre Club, 25 Stewart Road, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 4QE
- Call us on 01582 469338
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within ten working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using any of the methods listed above.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Herts Theatre Club is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with Accessibility Regulations.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Disproportionate burden - PDFs and other documents
Some older PDFs and Word documents may not meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2. However, all information supplied on these documents can be readily obtained from Herts Travel Club.
We are not required by accessibility regulations to re-publish these documents if they’re not essential to providing our services.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 3rd November 2019.
Pages were tested based on potential need for accessibility tools to be used on them:
This statement was last updated on 4th November 2019.